Scatters, and Wilds, and Free Spins Oh My
Pokies players love all the free spins bonuses they get when three or more scatter symbols appear on the reels. It’s interesting that bonus rounds are so different so here we’ll look at all the ways you can win some good money playing pokies. First, though, we’ll discuss the various welcome bonus types and details.
No Deposit Bonus
This is the first bonus you get at a number of online casinos. Sometimes this bonus is called an online pokies no deposit bonus because the casino restricts your play with the bonus money to slots. No deposit bonuses are usually quite small. Casinos ballyhoo them as a way to “roam around” the casino with the casino’s money. Of course, you can win some money this way but if you want to roam around the casino, the best way is through unlimited free play on all games.
No deposit bonuses came about because casinos were looking a catchy way to attract new players given that every casino was offering deposit bonuses to new players. The really large bonuses are still deposit bonuses.
Once you’ve become a veteran player at many casinos, you’ll be invited to partake of many deposit bonuses. Simply put, you deposit and get a large bonus. Casinos run such bonus promotions for many reasons such as on the weekend when many players are doing other things, on Monday which is usually the slowest weekday, on holidays when players are with family and friends, on your birthday or anniversary, or any and all reasons the casino can come up with to offer you a bonus.
It’s a good idea to keep abreast of all these offers because you can take the bonus with no obligation to play that day, week, or month.
Online casinos offer new players a lot of money to register and play. Some bonuses cone in stages. At WPokies Online Casino, for instance, the welcome bonus has five stages, meaning on a new player’s first five deposits. The first WPokies bonus for new players is for 500% up to $1000. Thereafter, the bonuses are 100% up to $1000.
Casinos have many variations of this welcome bonus. In the end, the welcome bonus means that new players can play for a very long time with the casino’s money.
Many online casinos have added a mobile platform. Mobile is quickly becoming the platform of choice as it has unmatched convenience with a new generation of great graphics every year or so. The good news is that the mobile casino bonus at most casinos is the same as the desktop casino bonus.
Play Through Requirement
Every bonus has a play through requirement that you have to play before you can withdraw funds from the bonus account. The factor for this requirement is generally 40x-50x. You play off the requirement at either the desktop or the mobile casino.
Pokies Free Spins Bonus
Finally, we can talk about all the ways casinos help you win big prizes in the free spins bonus rounds.
- More free spins for more scatters. Many pokies have, say, 15 free spins for three scatters, 20 spins for four scatters, and 25 spins for five scatters.
- Retrigger free spins. In many pokies, you retrigger the free spins if three or more scatters come up whilst your free spins are spinning. In some pokies, there is no limit as to how many times you can retrigger your free spins.
- Multipliers. Winning amounts grow rapidly when a multiplier is factored in. some pokies have growing multipliers where, depending on the rules of those specific games, the multiplier may go from 3x to 5x to 10x or even more.
- Stacked Reels. The symbol that is most often stacked is the wild symbol. This increases winning chances exponentially. The most common stack height is three high. In some games, and entire reel is stacked.
- Expanding Reels. This is similar to stacked reels but it is far more lucrative. A reel that expands may include a neighboring reel so the effect is to have two connected stacked reels.
- Frozen Wilds. In this extra bonus, the wild stays in place once it’s appeared. This is usually a bonus round feature and results in many extra wins because you’re guaranteed a wild o every free spin.
- Cascading reels. In this bonus, the winning symbols cascade off the screen. Any symbols left “hanging” above them fall down to fill the vacated spots. Then new symbols come cascading to fill the spots that had been left open. In some pokies the number of extra wins a player can enjoy from cascading reels is limited whilst in other pokies the number of extra wins in this manner is unlimited.
- Rotating Reels. After a spin, the reels rotate ninety degrees so you have more winning chances. The reels might rotate three times to complete a full rotation.
These are the most common bonus round features that give extra winning chances. Each game provider may develop its own features. For that reason, many online casinos, such as the aforementioned WPokies, carry games from a number of game providers.
Players can also discover great new bonus round features by simply playing in Instant Play mode, thereby sparing their hard drive the weight of a downloaded casino and gains access for the player to an unlimited number of casinos.
Modern pokies are a quantum step above the pokies many gamers played in bars as youths. The themes vary greatly making pokies gaming an adventure in its own right. The many ways bonus rounds seek to create big wins is another welcome feature of modern video pokies.
And there is nothing quite like winning big with a bonus.